lindseylallensackellis

lindseylallensackellis

Andrew's Brain - E.L. Doctorow

I received this book as a part of a Goodreads giveaway.

I was intrigued by the premise of Andrew’s Brain. I have been trying to expand my literature intake and Andrew’s Brain definitely fit the criteria for me. The first fifty or so pages I struggled and I mean struggled to get through (you can see in my status updates and how long it took me to get to page 45 of a 200 page book); however, once I start a book, I have to finish it. I am glad I have this little rule with myself because Andrew’s Brain is a moving story.

When I finished the novel, I had to sit back and think about Andrew and everything that brought him to his discussion with “the doc”. Andrew’s Brain, to me, is about how much pain a person can experience before they eventually break.

I would love to write more about the actual plot, but I fear I would give away far too much for a potential reader. If you typically read a specific genre, Andrew’s Brain will take you out of your comfort zone, but I urge you to keep reading as the novel has a resonating effect long after you read the last page.